Saturday, September 19, 2009

The 2010 Countdown Challenge

Hosted by Michelle (3M)
from 9/9/09 to 10/10/10

I enjoyed the first version of this challenge so much that I'm signing up for another year! The point of the challenge is to read the number of books first published in a given year that corresponds to the last digit of each year in the 2000s — 10 books from 2010, 9 books from 2009, etc. The total number of books required, therefore, is 55. (That's 10 more books - obviously - than last time, but I'm hopeful that I can still be successful.) I will fill in my books as I read them.

2010
  1. Secrets of Eden by Chris Bohjalian
  2. Nocturne by Harrison Gradwell Slater
  3. Calamity Jack by Shannon and Dean Hale
  4. House Rules by Jodi Picoult
  5. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
    by Stephenie Meyer
  6. Resistance, Book 1
    by Carla Jablonski & Leland Purvis
  7. The Golden Spiral by Lisa Mangum
  8. Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich
  9. Every Last One by Anna Quindlen
  10. The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy

2009
  1. Execution Dock by Anne Perry
  2. Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark
  3. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
  4. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
  5. The Treasure Map of Boys
    by E. Lockhart
  6. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
  7. The Real Real by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus
  8. Best Intentions by Emily Listfield
  9. The Help by Kathryn Stockett

2008
  1. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
  2. Kissing Games of the World by Sandi Kahn Shelton
  3. Testimony by Anita Shreve
  4. Fashion Kitty and the Unlikely Hero
    by Charise Mericle Harper
  5. Don't Tell a Soul by David Rosenfelt
  6. Introvert Power by Laurie Helgoe
  7. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
  8. The Disreptuable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
    by E. Lockhart

2007
  1. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
  2. Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature
    by Robin Brande
  3. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
    by Sherman Alexie
  4. Blue Heaven by C.J. Box
  5. A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban
  6. In Search of Mockingbird by Loretta Ellsworth
  7. This Is What I Did by Ann Dee Ellis

2006
  1. Rules by Cynthia Lord
  2. Half-Moon Investigations by Eoin Colfer
  3. The Alchemist's Daughter by Katharine McMahon
  4. Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst
  5. Fly On the Wall by E. Lockhart
  6. I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron
    (Finished 10/12/10.)

2005
  1. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
    by Jonathan Safran Foer
  2. Peeps by Scott Westerfeld
  3. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
  4. Any Bitter Thing by Monica Wood (Finished 10/15/10.)

2004
  1. Worth by A. Lafaye
  2. Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko
  3. Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary D. Schmidt
  4. Drums, Girls & Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick

2003
  1. Blankets by Craig Thompson
  2. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
  3. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchett

2002
  1. Loser by Jerry Spinelli
  2. I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

2001
  1. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen

3 comments:

  1. I applaud you for tackling this challenge. It intimidates me. I really have no idea how many books I actually read in a year but I don't suppose it's many more than 55.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined this one as well. I had some trouble with it last year, but ended up completing it in the nick of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you decided to participate!

    ReplyDelete