Saturday, December 05, 2009

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Published in 2009. 509 pages.


It took me longer to read The Lost Symbol than it did to read The Da Vinci Code (which, as I recall, I read in bed one long Saturday). But the third book in the Robert Langdon series, The Lost Symbol was a compelling read. I'm sure that if I hadn't been so busy and tired over the past few weeks, I'd have read it more quickly.

The action of the book, which takes place in about a day, was fast-paced and filled with puzzles. Like with The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, I was definitely willing to go along for the ride!

The one thing I really struggled with was the idea that a video of Masonic rituals would be considered a national security issue. Maybe strange. Certainly misunderstood. But a national security issue?

2009.76

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm French writer, investigating on DB's Last Symbol. Your opinion about national security issue stroke me. Could you please let me a message at o.magnan@yahoo.fr?
    Thanks a lot
    Olivier Magnan

    ReplyDelete