Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Golden Spiral by Lisa Mangum

Published in 2010. 369 pages.


The Golden Spiral is the sequel to The Hourglass Door, with the third installment in the trilogy, The Forgotten Locket, to be published next summer.

Despite some lags in the plot and a few concerns about the quality of the writing, I do find myself invested in Dante and Abby's story.

My inner teenage geek definitely loves to think about the implications of time travel:

"The loop has to be closed," Leo repeated.

"I don't understand," I said. "What loop?"

"Certain things have to happen because they have already happened. And if those things don't happen one way, they have to happen another way." [page 224]

There is a Reading Guide at the end of the book that I think would be fun and beneficial for teens wanting to discuss how the book relates to their own lives. The questions include the topics of hobbies, support systems, memories, what makes for a good relationship, and making choices.

2010.40

No comments:

Post a Comment