Sunday, September 05, 2010

The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy

Published in 2010. 322 pages.


I love Cinderella stories. Pink is my favorite color. I'm all about "girl power." Combine all three of these elements and you've got a book that I'm sure to love!

The goodreads site describes The Cinderella Society as follows:

Sixteen-year-old outsider, Jess Parker, gets the chance of a lifetime: an invitation to join a secret society of popular girls dedicated to defeating the mean girls of the world. The Cinderella Society guides all new recruits through its top secret ultimate life makeover. It’s all part of preparing them to face down the Wickeds and win. Determined not to let the Cindys down, Jess dives in with a passion. Finally, a chance to belong and show the world what she’s made of.

This young adult novel was a quick read, and I had a hard time putting it down. There was so much that I really enjoyed, including a good-looking but flawed boyfriend and a wise grandmother, and I wanted to find out what was going to happen next. I definitely plan to read the sequel, Cindy on a Mission, when it is published next year.

In the final analysis, though, I wish that the book had been a little more focused, that it had had a little more oomph. I was a bit disappointed. I just wanted a little more.

By the way, my 19-year-old and 14-year-old daughters both loved the book!

For more information, check out the following:

2010.48

1 comment:

  1. Join a secret society? Defeat the mean girls? This one sounds good! I'm not a fan of pink but it sure looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete