The weather outside is frightful. Winter must be here, and that means that Fall Into Reading 2009 is over.
I'm pleased to report that I finished ten of the thirteen books on my original list. (Links are to my reviews.)
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
by Sherman Alexie
- Best Intentions by Emily Listfield
- Don't Tell a Soul by David Rosenfelt
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark
- Kissing Games of the World by Sandi Kahn Shelton
- The Real Real by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus
- Testimony by Anita Shreve
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman
- When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
My favorite of the ten was Unwind, a young adult sci-fi novel that I found very thought-provoking. I'd not previously read anything by Neal Shusterman, but I'm eager to try some more of his work.
I typically do a bit of reading over the Christmas holidays, and I hope to do that again this year. I've already read 81 books this year - one more than in 2008 - and I hope to read three or four more.