Saturday, November 12, 2011

The King of Attolia
by Megan Whalen Turner

Published in 2006.
Audiobook performed by Jeff Woodman.


The King of Attolia is the third installment of Megan Whalen Turner's series The Queen's Thief. As I did with the two previous books, I listened to this one on CD - and Jeff Woodman is an exceptional narrator. (I reviewed The Thief here and The Queen of Attolia here.)

I am still loving the thief Gen (short for Eugenides), even in his new profession and even though this installment is told from the perspective of the soldier Costis. I didn't like this book as much as The Queen of Attolia, but Megan Whalen Turner is a great storyteller! I will certainly be reading the next book in the series, A Conspiracy of Kings.

Turner has a discussion guide for the series (at least of the four books so far) here.

2011.68

4 comments:

  1. Amy: It really is gorgeous, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison, I loved the first book and hope to read the second and third ones soon. You've just reminded me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice: It really is a great series!

    ReplyDelete