Monday, February 21, 2011

The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner

Published in 1996.
Audiobook performed by Jeff Woodman.
1997 Newbery Honor Book.


On the recommendation of my friend Sue, I listened to this young adult fantasy novel on CD. I enjoyed the whole book - the character Gen (short for Eugenides) is fabulous, the world in which he lives is interesting, the mythology of that world is intriguing - but it was the ending that totally blew me away. I'm definitely reading (or listening to) to the next book in the series, The Queen of Attolia.

Karen of Typing With My Toes said, "From the very beginning, Gen’s voice was what drew me in." Her full review is here.

Tricia of Library Queue said, "The ending made me want to read it all over again." Her full review is here.

Corinne of The Book Nest called The Thief "a gem." Her full review is here.

Megan Whalen Turner's website is here.

2010.86

5 comments:

  1. I have heard one good thing after another about this book. I must read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got Queen of Attolia for a Christmas gift and I can't wait to read it. I think I'm going to have to refresh myself on this one though first. Thanks for the linky love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did enjoy this one when I read it. I'm hoping to read book 2 and 3 soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janssen: I look forward to hearing what you think of it!

    Tricia: What a great Christmas gift!

    Alice: Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy this book & I'm a bit excited to pick up the next book, THe Queen of Attolia.

    ReplyDelete