Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What's On Your Nightstand?

Hosted by 5 Minutes for Books

I haven't done as much reading in the past few weeks as I expected I would, so right now I still have many of the same books as my nightstand as I did at the end of October, including North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell, which is the pick for my "book lunch girls" meeting in December.

I'll be wrapping up my reading for the Fall into Reading challenge by December 20. As of today, I've read only seven of the 26 books on my list - with two more in process - so lots of those books are on my nightstand.

The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa is the Book Buddies choice for December, so I need to get it on my nightstand soon.

Matched by Ally Condie will be released on November 30, and I'm looking forward to having it on my nightstand shortly thereafter! (Matched is the book for my January "Teaching Through Literature Discussions" class, and I'm eager to hear Condie speak.)

Check out what other people have
on their nightstands here.


4 comments:

  1. 'Tis the season for carrying books over. My list has tons of carryovers too (except mine have carried over TWO months now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm behind on my FIR list too, lots to read in a month!

    Nancy @5minutesforbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with all of your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you heard when we are getting our copies of Matched? I have been reading pre-release reviews...so excited to get started on this book!

    ReplyDelete