Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010


September 22 - December 20
Hosted by Katrina at Callapiddar Days

I'm excited to focus on reading for the next thirteen weeks while I enjoy the changing seasons! Here's my list - an eclectic mix of twenty-six books from my nearly-endless to-read list, an average of two books for each week of the challenge:


Among these titles are my picks for the YA-D2 challenge, some of the current Salt Lake County Reader's Choice nominees, the Book Buddies selections for November and December, and some of The Contemps. Dewey's Read-a-Thon occurs during this challenge - on October 9 - so I hope to get several of the books on my list read that day.

8 comments:

  1. Hadn't realized Zusak had written anything else...will have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Any Bitter Thing twice! Hope you enjoy it -- I thought I was the only person on the planet that had even heard about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I love finding books I haven't read yet. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ronnica: When my book group read The Book Thief, one of the group members said she'd also read and enjoyed I Am the Messenger - but I haven't had a chance to read it until now. I'm eager to get to it!

    Gerbera Daisy Mom: I think I heard about Any Bitter Thing from a challenge participant several years ago. I'm glad to hear you like it!

    Holly: One of the best parts of participating in these challenges is adding to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the challenge. I haven't read any of these books, but I'll look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great list! Lots of interesting variety to keep you busy this fall...

    Thanks for being part of FIR '10!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura: Good luck to you too!

    Katrina: Thank you for hosting this fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the challenge! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete