Right now - just in time for Halloween - I'm finishing up The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe. It is a Salt Lake County Library Reader's Choice nominee, and it will also be the November/December read for my long-time book club.
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell is the next pick for my "book lunch girls" meeting, so it is on my nightstand, as is The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver, which is the Book Buddies selection for November.
In the next few weeks I'm hoping to read two non-fiction books on women's issues to complete the Women Unbound challenge by November 30. The two I'll likely read:
- The Curse of the Good Girl by Rachel Simmons
- Girl Sleuth: Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her by Melanie Rehak
I'll also be continuing work on my Fall into Reading list all through November and into December. (Since I've only read four of the 26 books so far, I've got a long way to go!) Among the titles I'm most excited to read in the next few weeks:
- The Compound by S. A. Bodeen
- Deception by Jonathan Kellerman
- If You Come Softly by Jacqueline Woodson
- Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
on their nightstands here.