Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What's On Your Nightstand?

Hosted by 5 Minutes for Books

Right now - just in time for Halloween - I'm finishing up The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe. It is a Salt Lake County Library Reader's Choice nominee, and it will also be the November/December read for my long-time book club.

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell is the next pick for my "book lunch girls" meeting, so it is on my nightstand, as is The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver, which is the Book Buddies selection for November.

In the next few weeks I'm hoping to read two non-fiction books on women's issues to complete the Women Unbound challenge by November 30. The two I'll likely read:

I'll also be continuing work on my Fall into Reading list all through November and into December. (Since I've only read four of the 26 books so far, I've got a long way to go!) Among the titles I'm most excited to read in the next few weeks:

Check out what other people have
on their nightstands here.


4 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about Elizabeth Gaskell but have never read her. Have you read anything by her before? I'll have to watch for your comments on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard North and South is really good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I continue to plod away at Lonesome Dove, I have waiting:
    The Lieutenant by Kate Greenville
    The Dance of the Dissedent Daughter by Sue Monk Kidd
    Lydia Cassatt Reading the Morning Paper by Harriett Chessman
    Nurture Shock by Po Bronson
    One Stayed at Welcome & Gentleman from England, both by Maud Hart Lovelace...

    I doubt I will ever get to any of these anytime soon...but they are on the nightstand nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone asked me the other day how you were doing, and if you were keeping busy. I told them you were reading a lot more, and it seems that that is definitely true. :)

    No, I don't remember who it was. Sorry. xD

    ReplyDelete