Back in 2008, I wrote a post in which I claimed that I am "Not Too Old" for young adult literature. Today I'm gratified to hear that NPR supports me in that claim!
Like I do, young adult author Gayle Forman, author of If I Stay, reads a lot of young adult novels, and she has identified five favorites of 2010 in article entitled "Oh, To Be Young" "because really," she says, "at the end of the day, don't we all have a 17-year-old somewhere inside of us?"
The five titles she picked are as follows:
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- The Things a Brother Knows by Dana Reinhardt
- The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I've not read any of these yet - although four of the five have been on my to-read list for a while, with The Sky is Everywhere currently on my nightstand. I'm looking forward to some good YA reading for the holidays!