Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Accidental Time Machine
by Joe Haldeman

Published in 2007. 278 pages.


The Accidental Time Machine was August's pick for Becky's Online Reading Group. Because I love time travel novels, I was eager to read this one. I was not familiar with Haldeman's work, but I discovered that he is an award-winning American science-fiction writer. His website is here.

First sentence: The story would have been a lot different if Matt's supervisor had been watching him when the machine first went away.

Last sentence: In 2072, Jonathan Marsh would be given the Nobel Prize in physics, for discovering a curious kind of time travel.

This was an enjoyable read, with some interesting visions of what the future will bring. I wanted there to be a little more substance to it all; I kept waiting for the question "so what?" to be answered. It never was - but it's a fun book nevertheless.

Other book bloggers' reviews of The Accidental Time Machine:
If you have read and reviewed this book, I would love to link your review here. Please leave me a comment or email me your link!

2008.47

No comments:

Post a Comment