Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Published in 2005. 498 pages.


Jelly Bean says this is "the best book ever." She and Sugar Plum read it a week or so ago, and I finally finished it today (sitting in the San Diego airport waiting for our flight home). I have to say that I agree that it is an absolutely fabulous book! I knew it would be - because I'd been reading about it all over the web for some time and more recently got "real life" positive reviews from my sister Emily and my friend Leslie. I'm really glad that my book club was interested enough in it to allow me to choose it for this month's meeting!

I will be putting together some questions for our discussion on Thursday night, and I'll post those when they're ready. (Update: My discussion questions are posted here.) In the meantime, you can check out these sites:


2007.34

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodie! I have this on my reading list! I've heard such good things about it! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add this one to my reading list. I bought the Memory Keeper's Daughter today. Our library here is rubbish - I've been waiting for The 13th Tale for 3 1/2 weeks and they still haven't called me so I just give in and buy books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started The Memory Keeper's Daughter yesterday. I've got The Thirteenth Tale on my TBR list too.

    P.S. to Sandy: Did I hear you say "rubbish"?! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I did - it was 2:41 in the morning. Our electricity went out and all of that so I was up.

    The author of The Thirteenth Tale is from the city I live in here in England.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must just be too old. I enjoyed Twilight, but just so-so. It didn't hold a candle to Colleen Gleason's series starting with The Rest Falls Away.

    My teenage daughter and her cousin's love Meyer's books, though.

    ReplyDelete