Saturday, June 16, 2007

Spring Reading Thing
Second Progress Report







As the deadline for the Spring Reading Thing draws near, I've realized that I'm not going to meet my goal. Actually it was fairly clear just one month into the challenge that I'd been too optimistic about the time I could find (or make) for reading this spring. I'm still glad I made the selections I made, however, and since this was my first blog reading challenge, I figure I'm entitled to a learning experience. (I've signed up for a couple of other challenges to date, and I've set more realistic goals for those. At least I hope so.)

Of the original 25 books I listed, I've read 10, and I also read books for four of the five "wild card" spots. That's a total of 14 of the original goal of 30. I will be finishing at least one more before June 21, so that'll be half!

Here's the status of my list to date:

  • Chris Bohjalian - The Double Bind (2007)
  • Ann Brashares - The Last Summer (of You and Me) (2007)
  • Orson Scott Card - Sarah (2000)
  • Anita Diamant - The Red Tent (1997)
  • Kim Edwards - The Memory Keeper's Daughter (2005)
  • Lisa Gardner - Hide (2007)
  • Ken Grimwood - Replay (1986)
  • Shannon Hale - The Princess Academy (2005)
  • Ernest Hemingway - A Farewell to Arms (1929)
  • Jan Karon - In This Mountain (2002)
  • Kermit the Frog - Before You Leap (2006)
  • Sue Monk Kidd - Firstlight: Early Inspirational Writings (2006)
  • Sophie Kinsella - Shopaholic & Baby (2007)
  • John Lescroart - The Suspect (2007)
  • Gerald Lund - Fishers of Men (2000)
  • Gregory Maguire - Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister (1999)
  • Betty Mahmoody - Not Without My Daughter (1987)
  • Stephenie Meyer - Twilight (2005)
  • Brandon Mull - Fablehaven (2006)
  • Rachel Ann Nunes - Winter Fire (2005)
  • Christopher Paolini - Eragon (2003)
  • Michael Palmer - The Fifth Vial (2007)
  • Jodi Picoult - The Pact (1998)
  • Alexander McCall Smith - Tears of the Giraffe (2003)
  • Caroll Spinney - Wisdom of Big Bird (2003)
  • Lisa Unger - Beautiful Lies (2006)
  • Mildred Walker - Winter Wheat (1944)
  • Gloria Whelen - Listening for Lions (2005)
  • Stephen White - Dry Ice (2007)

1 comment:

  1. First of all, congratulations, because you read lots of books, and isn't that the point of these challenges?

    Second, is it too terrible of me if I'm sort of glad you wrote about not finishing your goal? It's just that I joined 6 challenges all at once, and I think I might fail in all 6. So it's sort of a relief to see that other people also bite off a little more than they have time to chew.

    ReplyDelete