Spring Reading Thing!
A big thank you to Katrina
at Callapidder Days!
I am an avid reader. I have been since the day, when I was six, that I was home from school, sick in bed, and my mom got B is for Betsy from the library for me to read. I think that was the start of my obsession with series novels, as well as my discovery of how wonderful libraries can be.
As I considered what books I want to read this spring, I decided to challenge myself to read (or finish reading) a total of thirty books - the twenty-five I've listed below, plus the book club picks that I don't yet know about (I'm involved with four different book clubs) and/or a couple additional items I haven't identified yet (that's in case I come upon something I just can't resist). I've tried to include a couple non-fiction with the fiction; both some light-hearted things as well as some more serious reads (but nothing too serious); some young adult selections; a few of my favorite mystery writers; some new releases, some others I've been meaning to read for a while, and even one "classic." This is going to be great fun!
- Chris Bohjalian - The Double Bind (2007)*
- Orson Scott Card - Sarah (2000) *
- Anita Diamant - The Red Tent (1997)
- Kim Edwards - The Memory Keeper's Daughter (2005)
- Lisa Gardner - Hide (2007)
- Ken Grimwood - Replay (1986)
- Shannon Hale - The Princess Academy (2005)
- Ernest Hemingway - A Farewell to Arms (1929)*
- Jan Karon - In This Mountain (2002)
- Sue Monk Kidd - Firstlight: Early Inspirational Writings (2006)
- Sophie Kinsella - Shopaholic & Baby (2007)
- John Lescroart - The Suspect (2007)
- Gerald Lund - Fishers of Men (2000)
- Gregory Maguire - Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister (1999)
- Betty Mahmoody - Not Without My Daughter (1987)
- Stephenie Meyer - Twilight (2005)
- Brandon Mull - Fablehaven (2006)
- Christopher Paolini - Eragon (2003)
- Michael Palmer - The Fifth Vial (2007)
- Jodi Picoult - Actually I haven't decided which one to read. I recently read My Sister's Keeper (which I loved), and I'd really like to read something else Picoult has written, but I don't know which. Do you have any recommendations?
- Alexander McCall Smith - Tears of the Giraffe (2003)
- Caroll Spinney - Wisdom of Big Bird (2003)
- Lisa Unger - Beautiful Lies (2006)
- Gloria Whelen - Listening for Lions (2005)
- Stephen White - Dry Ice (2007)
*I've already started reading this one.
NOTE: I've cross-posted this from my "regular" blog. That's where I post about all the aspects of my life, not just the books. Be sure to come visit me there as well here!