Now that we're halfway through, we have a survey to complete:
1. What are you reading right now?
I'm ready to start something new, and I'm trying to decide between The Death Cure by James Dashner and Possession by Elana Johnson.
2. How many books have you read so far?
I have finished one: The Stormchasers by Jenna Blum.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I've got so many to choose from, it's difficult to pick just one! My twelve-year-old son wants me to read Darth Paper Strikes Back. I'm also looking forward to reading This Lullaby - if I can stay awake that long.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Unfortunately, life goes on in spite of the read-a-thon ... so I'm just dealing. Maybe one day I'll sequester myself for the read-a-thon and see how that goes!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Let's just say that I'm good at multi-tasking.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I am amazed how quickly the time is passing!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Things seem to be running very well!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
It would be helpful to plan an early bedtime the night before!
9. Are you getting tired yet?
I'm not really tired yet. But I haven't been solely concentrating on the read-a-thon either, so I guess we'll see what the next few hours bring.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
In my experience, graphic novels can be good picks for the wee hours of the night.
Three Thing Thursday
14 hours ago