Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What's On Your Nightstand?

Hosted by 5 Minutes for Books

I've got more on my nightstand than I'll ever be able to get to in July, but I do have high hopes for a productive month of reading! Among the books I hope to finish reading over the next several days are these:
  • Incarceron by Catherine Fisher - one of the titles from my list swap project.

  • Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - which is the pick for my "book lunch girls" meeting in July - downloaded to my Kindle.

  • Daddy's Girl by Lisa Scottoline - which I'm currently "reading" via audiobook during my commute.

After I finish those, I think I'll focus mainly on some juvenile and young adult novels on my to-read list. These should be fairly quick reads, which would help me make some progress toward my goal of reading 104 books this year:
  • Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

  • Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

  • The Best Bad Luck I Ever Had by Kristin Levine

  • Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

  • Delirium by Lauren Oliver

  • Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John

  • Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith

  • The Green Glass Sea by Ellen Klages

  • Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr

  • Tales from Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan

  • The Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt


Check out what other people have
on their nightstands here.


3 comments:

  1. Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky (recommended by Karen), Moon Handbook - Yosemite, God Wants a Powerful People by Sheri Dew, Ludlum's Bourne Identity, A Heart Like His by Virginia H Pearce and Three Cups of Tea. Also, a few back issues of Runner's World (maybe I really will start tomorrow) and The Book of Mormon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter 5,
    One of Ours, by Willa Cather,
    The Five Love Languages of Teenagers, by Gary Chapman,
    The Key of Kilenya, by Andrea Pearson,
    The Biography of Gordon B Hinckley, by Sheri Dew,
    Through His Eyes, by Virginia Pearce,
    Everyday Cheapskates, by Mary Hunt,
    The Officiao Ewrth Day Guide to Planet Repair, by Denis Hayes, and
    The Great Upheaval, by Jay Winik

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you enjoying Frankenstein? My main memory of that book is discussing it with a French girl I was tutoring (I used to live overseas) who had to read it for her high school English class in French school.

    As to the rest of your list, I haven't even heard of most of the titles. I'm impressed! Have fun reading!


    elizabeth from 5 Minutes for Books

    ReplyDelete