Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Summer Reading


My friend Holly started her "Pay It Forward" meme so that bloggers can share the good things they see in the blogosphere. (Click on the button for more information.)

This week I want to share two posts about summer reading. The first - which is here - is from fabulous, fun Utah author Jessica Day George, who posted her personal summer reading list, including a photo of her nightstand. She's got some great reads there!

The second post - which is here - is from Katrina at Callapidder Days. She hosts the Fall into Reading and Spring Reading Thing challenges, but she also blogs about her faith and her family. Today I enjoyed reading about the lunchtime read-aloud she's doing with her 12-year-old and 5-year-old sons - and I'm feeling inspired to read with my own 12-year-old.

What summer reading plans do you have for yourself and/or your family?

2 comments:

  1. Ah summer....when teachers finally read and read and read...and take classes and more classes so that they will be able to be better at teaching their classes!! It's a circle story!

    I loved the links you provided about summer reading. Jessica Day George's was inspiring, to say the least. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a tall stack on the nightstand. My reading plans? Book group reads and get a start on the stacks around me. (If I were to take a photo I would be more than embarrassed.)No, truly, this is the time when I let my whimsy take over and I read what I want and when I want. It's truly delicious!

    What are YOUR plans??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m excited to let you know, I’ve presented you with the Sunshine Award!

    Congratulations, you deserve this and many more awards. You get the award, but we in the blogging community have the prize—YOU! Pop over to A Life-Sized Catholic Blog and check it out.

    ReplyDelete