Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankfully Reading Part 1


I can't think of anything I'd enjoy less than spending Black Friday at the mall. Neither am I part of the decorate-for-Christmas-right-after-Thanksgiving camp. My typical Thanksgiving weekend is one of rest and relaxation - which makes the Thankfully Reading Weekend perfect for me!

I slept until about eight o'clock this morning, when I was awakened by the sounds of two eleven-year-old boys (my son and his cousin) across the hall. I decided to read for a while, and then I sent them downstairs and fell back to sleep for a couple more hours.

Now I'm going to get some leftovers and resume my reading of The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver. I've been working on it for almost two weeks, but because I've been quite tired and busy, my progress has been slow. Today is the day, I hope!

That is, unless I get distracted by movies and television shows on Netflix - which is my other "big plan" for this weekend.

What are you doing for the next three days? What book(s) are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're joining us for a great reading weekend.

    I have a stack of books but I bet I get through only about 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth F: I think I'll be elated if I get through three books this weekend! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete