Friday, October 08, 2010

What I'm Reading During the Read-a-Thon Tomorrow

In April, for the last read-a-thon, I had no time to make preparations. Out of necessity, I started with a book I already had in progress and then just went to something else and then something else on my shelf.

For this read-a-thon, I've had time to contemplate titles and assemble book piles. I'm not sure if that's a good thing! Because, apparently, I had too much time on my hands this week. Here's the evidence:

My "first tier" picks.
(I plan to start with 13 Little Blue Envelopes.)

My "second tier" picks - in case I finish everything
in the first tier. (Just kidding!)

A pile of books that I think I'll find compelling
should I need a fresh start.

Some graphic novels for late night (or early morning) reading when my brain feels fried.

Some audiobooks for "reading" with my ears while I fold laundry or provide taxi services for my kids.


And if those don't suffice, I can always make a quick trip to the library or peruse my bookshelves for some more ideas!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you have so great treats in there. Should be a great day. i look forward to hearing what you have to say when you finish =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could happily live in you book pile! Great selection. I'm a fan of Maureen Johnson, and 13 Little Blue Envelopes was the first book I read of hers. I read the Twilight graphic novel last readathon, and I added a bunch to my pile this year. See you on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Westerfield's Leviathan I see in that pile?!!? That's a TOME! Good luck in the readathon! :)

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read all the reviews! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are MY kind of woman if you can even attempt to read all of these!! My eyes are crossing just thinking about it! Good luck...I'll cheer you on and look forward to your opinions and reviews.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cracks me up! Yeah, I think you are good to go! :) It's going to be fun to see which one you settle on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots and lots to choose from! :) I have 13 Envelopes on my TBR shelves and very curious about it. I look forward to your thoughts. I haven't read any in Kellerman's series, but just bought a brand new hardcover of Deception at a book sale for a $1. It wasn't until I got home that I realized it was his latest.

    Happy Read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the places you will go today
    The people you will meet
    Your books will be your gateway
    Adventure your retreat.

    And if I may, I’ll follow
    As you read and read so more
    Until this day turns to the morrow
    Cheering you on with a loud exuberant roar!

    Great books and best wishes on your goals

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have 13 Little Blue Envelopes but haven't read it yet. It looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the look of your first tier! Actually I like all the piles you show here. Happy reading and good luck with the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete