Saturday, October 09, 2010

Read-a-Thon Mini-Challenge


"Back-in-the-Day Children's Books"
Hosted by Elizabeth at Miss Wisabus

I adore children’s and young adult books. Many of the multitudes of books in my read-a-thon piles are children’s or young adult titles. I’m starting with Maureen Johnson’s 13 Little Blue Envelopes.

Favorites from childhood include Harriet the Spy, which I re-read with my 11-year-old son’s school book club last year, A Wrinkle in Time, and Jennifer, Hecate, Macbeth, William McKinley, and Me, Elizabeth. I belonged to a Nancy Drew book club in elementary school too; I’ve still got all those books in a box in the basement.

New favorites include the Twilight Saga, The Hunger Games, and many of the novels by Sarah Dessen and Laurie Halse Anderson.

4 comments:

  1. Remember, C.S. Lewis said, "We read to know that we are not alone," and today all of all days, we stand together. Have a joyous and blessed time with today's read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can chant
    I can cheer
    get your reading into gear!

    You had great taste in children's books. A Wrinkle in Time is among my favs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE 13 Little Blue Envelopes! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed The Hunger Games trilogy! Again, have loads of fun with the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete