Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Counting Down and Wondering

I just realized that the Countdown Challenge ends in less than two weeks - on 10/10/10. As I need to read eight more books to complete the challenge, I guess I'd better get focused! Do you have any great recommendations for short, quick reads published in 2004, 2005, or 2006?

In visiting the challenge blog and 1 more chapter, the blog of the host, 3M (Michelle), this morning, I also realize that I haven't seen 3M around the blogosphere for a while. (Her latest post is dated April 2, 2010.) I'm wondering if everything is okay with her. Does anyone know?

9/9/09 to 10/10/10
Tracking My Progress

6 comments:

  1. I have been missing her blog posts as well and wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished this challenge last week. It was tougher than I was expecting. I also was wondering about 3M. She stopped updating the Book Awards Challenge very early on this year.
    As far as book recommendations go for short and quick:
    2006 - Enthusiasm and Bella at Midnight
    2005 - 13 Little Blue Envelopes
    2004 - Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy and Becoming Naomi Leon
    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think 2005 was a hard year to read for me.
    2006 I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron (really funny and short essays)

    I saw Michelle made a comment on Musings by Laura's blog a few months ago, but that's the last I've heard from her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's some quick ones I read for those years in the challenge:

    2004-The Teacher’s Funeral: A Comedy in Three Parts, by Richard Peck
    2005-Looking Like the Enemy: My Story of Imprisonment in Japanese-American Internment Camps, Mary Matsude Gruenewald
    2006-Here Lies the Librarian, by Richard Peck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 19 books left, something tells me I won't be able to finish it all. I'm also struggle with 2004, 2005, and 2006. Especially 2004.

    I've also noticed 3m's missing from the blogsphere. I hope all is well, and it's a hiatus from blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recommendations! Now I need to get back to reading!

    ReplyDelete