Sunday, April 11, 2010

Elapsed Time 24:00









Final Report

Time Read: 9:00

Pages Read: 655. (That's about 73 pages an hour.)

Books Finished: 3. (I read A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban and The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams, in addition to finishing Nocturne by Harrison Gradwell Slater, which I'd started before the read-a-thon. After reading a bit more of it today, I am also nearly done with Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta.)

Time Blogged: 6:00

Frame of Mind: After my 18:30 progress report, I read some, then dozed for a while, and then read some more. Finally I gave it up for good and actually got a pretty good night's sleep.

This morning my husband suggested that I ought to try to schedule a five- or six-hour block each month to just read - and I really like the idea of having a regular, personal read-a-thon lite. I am also looking forward to the next Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon!

Cans of Diet Coke with Lime Consumed: 6.

Food Consumed: One bowl of Lucky Charms cereal. One bag of microwave popcorn. Light lunch of ham, hard-boiled eggs, and French bread. Five cream cheese-jalapeno poppers. Two pieces of garlic French bread pizza. Some Cadbury Mini Eggs. Late dinner from Cafe Rio (grilled steak enchilada, rice, black beans, chips, and queso dip). Some Red Vines. Part of a roll of Necco Wafers.

No comments:

Post a Comment