Saturday, April 10, 2010

Elapsed Time 0:30


Here we go ...

I'm a half-hour behind the official starting time, but getting up before 6 o'clock on a Saturday morning is just really hard for me to do - even for the read-a-thon. Given my life of late, I'm just glad to be here at all.

This is my sixth time participating in Dewey's read-a-thon. (Yes, I was there at the start!) My approach this time is, by necessity, going to be more take-it-as-it-comes than in the past. But I still plan to get some relaxation and enjoyment out of the experience.

Good luck to all the other read-a-thon participants, and a big thanks to the hosts, the cheerleaders, and all the other helpers! (If you're just stopping by and want to know more about what's happening, check out the read-a-thon blog or the Twitter feed.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow...your sixth! That is awesome:) I used to have the start time of 5am for the read-a-thon but one of the perks of moving to the east coast has been an 8am start time. The 24 hours are the same though...hope you enjoy them with lots of good reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sixth eh? Still as addictive as ever then!

    Have a great read-a-thon! Keep on reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to cheer you on!


    WoooooooHooooo.....Go you! *shakes pompoms*

    ReplyDelete