Sunday, October 25, 2009

Read-a-Thon End-of-Event Survey



Here is my end-of-event survey:

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

About halfway through, I was feeling really sleepy. Instead of pushing on, I decided to take an hour-long nap. That made a big difference in my ability to make it to the end.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

I read two YA novels and then three graphic novels this time, and I think that that was a good approach.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?


This was my fifth time to participate in the Read-a-thon, and I thought it was great!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?


The publicity - by word of mouth or otherwise - was very successful, resulting in a large number of participants.

5. How many books did you read?

Five.

6. What were the names of the books you read?

The Treasure Map of Boys by E. Lockhart. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. Fashion Kitty and the Unlikely Hero by Charise Mericle Harper. Blankets by Craig Thompson. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney.

7. Which book did you enjoy most?

I adore the character Ruby Oliver in The Treasurer Map of Boys, which is the third Ruby Oliver book. Catching Fire, the second in The Hunger Games trilogy, is excellent. And, while not what I expected, Blankets is going to stick with me for a long time.

8. Which did you enjoy least?

Neither the most recent Fashion Kitty episode nor the second of the Diary of Wimpy Kid books were particularly outstanding, although I have enjoyed other books in both series.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

Not applicable.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

If at all possible, I will participate in the next read-a-thon! This is one of the few things I do that's just for me. I'd like to be a reader again - but if my schedule is too busy, then I'll be a cheerleader (or some other type of helper).

3 comments:

  1. yeah, naps helped me too but I also slept for about 4 hours :)

    5th time? mine was the second :)

    http://violetcrush.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome you've done all the read-a-thons! :D I missed the 3rd one. Congrats on all your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still thinks it's awesome that you've done 5 readathons!!

    ReplyDelete