Saturday, September 05, 2009

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen

Published in 2008. 422 pages.


This was the third of Dessen's books that I've read. (I recently finished my fourth, Keeping the Moon, as well, and I've also started That Summer.)

I really liked Lock and Key. I'd heard someone say that the ending was disappointing, so I was expecting that - but I thought the the ending was terrific. It gives hope for the future, but uncertainty too - so we can imagine it in a lot of different ways (or Dessen can write about it, which I would love).

I like Dessen's writing style, especially that it's easy to read. She doesn't avoid difficult topics, but she isn't in-your-face about them. I like the symbolism and metaphors.

Check out some additional information about Lock and Key on Dessen's website.

2009.51

3 comments:

  1. I've got this one on my bookshelf ready to go. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Dessen. I haven't read this one, yet, but I will eventually. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book made me cry - I thought it was great and am glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete