Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Wait for Me by An Na

Published in 2006. 172 pages.


In trying to select an "N" author for the A ~ Z Reading Challenge, I reviewed my goodreads to-read list for something short and hopefully quick. I settled on Wait for Me, although I knew very little about it. Luckily for me, it was a good pick!

An Na's prose is lyrical; I found her words to be simply beautiful. Although the characters are not all fully developed1 and the ending too vague for some readers' comfort2, for me those things added to the dream-like, almost symbolic nature of the book.

I will definitely be looking for Na's other young adult novels about Korean-American girls, A Step from Heaven and The Fold.

The Wait for Me page on Na's website includes a music playlist.

(By the way, this was book five of my dream to read a book-a-day to the end of the year. I'm officially six books behind.)

2008.76


1This was one complaint in several reviews I read.
2This was another complaint.

1 comment: