A big thank you to host Katrina at Callapidder Days!
My original goal was to read 26 books - a two-a-week pace. I ended up reading 14 books for this challenge. That's closer to one-book-a-week, but I enjoyed it anyway!
What I Read (alphabetical by title):
- The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
- Bronte's Book Club by Kristiana Gregory
- The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
- The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
- Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott
- InterWorld by Neil Gaiman
- Janes in Love by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg
- Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen
- Mermaids in the Basement by Michael Lee West
- A Simple Plan by Scott Smith
- A Short Guide to a Happy Life by Anna Quindlen
- Teach with Your Heart: Lessons I Learned from the Freedom Writers by Erin Gruwell
- To Dance: A Ballerina's Graphic Novel by Siena Cherson Siegel
- The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
What I Thought: There wasn't a book that I didn't enjoy. (Well, I didn't like The Chocolate War that much.) Looking back at the list, I realize that there is a wide range of genres - and I love that: fiction, non-fiction, graphic novels; a first in a series; young adult, a couple of children's books; recently published, and not so recent; even one re-read of an all-time favorite. Reading sure is fun!