Saturday, December 20, 2008

Fall into Reading 2008: The End



A big thank you to host Katrina at Callapidder Days!


My original goal was to read 26 books - a two-a-week pace. I ended up reading 14 books for this challenge. That's closer to one-book-a-week, but I enjoyed it anyway!

What I Read (alphabetical by title):
  • The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant

  • Bronte's Book Club by Kristiana Gregory

  • The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier

  • The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde

  • Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott

  • InterWorld by Neil Gaiman

  • Janes in Love by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg

  • Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen

  • Mermaids in the Basement by Michael Lee West

  • A Simple Plan by Scott Smith

  • A Short Guide to a Happy Life by Anna Quindlen

  • Teach with Your Heart: Lessons I Learned from the Freedom Writers by Erin Gruwell

  • To Dance: A Ballerina's Graphic Novel by Siena Cherson Siegel

  • The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

What I Thought: There wasn't a book that I didn't enjoy. (Well, I didn't like The Chocolate War that much.) Looking back at the list, I realize that there is a wide range of genres - and I love that: fiction, non-fiction, graphic novels; a first in a series; young adult, a couple of children's books; recently published, and not so recent; even one re-read of an all-time favorite. Reading sure is fun!

7 comments:

  1. I like books too. Check out my blog also on books:

    http://pizzasbookdiscussion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best challenges seem to be the ones we can actually accomplish, but with some flexibility in titles along with some push to try books outside our comfort zone.

    Just thinking aloud here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on what you accomplished with the challenge! I think one a week is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to read too. I enjoyed reading your wrap-up. Here's my wrap-up post:

    http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/2008/12/fall-into-reading-2008-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of books! I have the Dunant book on my 2009 list. And I liked The Eyre Affair.

    I wrote my wrap-up post last month here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like doing this challenge and sounds like some good titles. By the way my sister and I gave you a blog award over at http://bookscoops.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list of books--good job. I will be tackling one of neil gaiman's soon.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete