Now that we're nearly halfway through, we have a survey to complete.
1. What are you reading right now?
I've been working on The Eyre Affair, the first book in the Tuesday Next series by Jasper Fforde.
2. How many books have you read so far?
I finished one that I had started prior to the read-a-thon (Teach With Your Heart by Erin Gruwell), and then I started The Eyre Affair. I've also listened a little to The Rules of Survival by Nancy Werlin on CD.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Among my quick and easy reads for the second half - as I get more and more sleepy - is the graphic novel Janes in Love by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg, which is the sequel to The Plain Janes.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
I tried to get through my to-do list yesterday - although I didn't really get everything done, so I'll likely be doing a few things later while listening to a book on CD. Fortunately, I didn't have any major commitments already on the calendar when I found out about the read-a-thon.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
My entire family has been in and out of the house all day. The hardest to keep from interrupting me is my 9yo son Sugar Bear. But mostly I've just kept muddling through.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
It really has flown by this time - at least this first half.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
This is my third time participating in the read-a-thon. I thought it was fabulous the first time, and it's just getting better and better.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I definitely need to go to bed earlier the night before!
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Just prior to taking a break from reading to do this survey, I was getting pretty sleepy. But I'm mostly doing okay at this point.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I can't think of anything right now.
Pancreatitis Monday Challenge
13 hours ago