Friday, August 08, 2008

More Like a Slow Leak


July's Book Blowout - hosted by Mrs S at Blue Archipelago - is over. While I knew, given my calendar, that I wouldn't be able to have a banner month of reading, I didn't even come close to my goal of reading eight books during the month. This is what I managed:
  • The Host by Stephenie Meyer
  • - that's one book!
  • Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
  • - that's a second book!
  • Most of an abridged audiobook version of David McCullough's 1776
  • - i'm counting that as a half of a book
  • About half of Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
  • - that's another half!
So I guess that adds up to three books ... Sigh.

Here are a few questions that Mrs S has suggested that participants answer:
  1. Did you discover a new author? Actually two of the four books I was reading were new-to-me authors. I'd been meaning to read Sarah Dessen for some time and finally got around to it - and I'll definitely be reading more of her work. I'd also not read any of David McCullough before now.

  2. Where was the most unusual place you found yourself reading? Because I was on vacation in Washington State with my family during July, I carried my books on a ferry ride, through several museums, and all over a national park!

  3. Did you read more than usual? Unfortunately, my reading pace hasn't been very quick lately. July was not a lot different than previous months.

  4. Did you give up anything in order to read more? I'd like to think I spent a little less time on the computer - but I'm not sure if that's true or not. I know I didn't watch the DVDs that I was hoping to also get to in July.

  5. If you won the Amazon voucher, what would you spend it on? Oh, where to start?! My to-read list is so very long, and although I get most of what I read from the library, I do love buying books.

  6. Would you like to see a 2009 Book Blowout? Of course! I love this stuff.

To see how other blowout participants fared, visit Mrs S!

1 comment:

  1. I love the title - more like a slow leak! It's the taking part that counts - sometimes life just gets in the way of our reading. Thanks for taking part - and look forward to seeing you next year ;)

    ReplyDelete