Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dead Time by Stephen White

Published in 2008. 397 pages.


The latest in the Alan Gregory series, Dead Time is another compelling thriller from clinical psychologist Stephen White. In this one, Alan's former wife, Merideth, asks for his help, dragging him into a complicated mystery that reaches back years.

I have been a fan of this series for many years. I love that Alan Gregory is not only a hero but also a flawed man with complicated relationships and issues. I also love that although all the novels in the series have the commonality of the Alan Gregory character, each is unique in its set up, its voice, its perspective. In sixteen books to date, the series has not gotten the least bit stale.

I found a fun Q&A with Stephen White about Dead Time on his website here.

2008.35

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I used to read this series. And I always enjoyed them, but somehow they fell off my radar and I haven't read any in years. Thanks for the reminder, Alison...I'm definitely going to have to go back and see where I left off.

    ReplyDelete