Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February is Library Lovers' Month

Library Lovers' Month is a month-long celebration of school, public, and private libraries of all types, recognizing the value of libraries to our communities.


I am lucky to live in a county with a great public library system - and my family enjoys the many benefits of having a branch near our home. For the Every Month is a Holiday reading challenge, I celebrated Library Lovers' Month by choosing a book from the library. That book was The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. Because it is a long book, I also checked on the Book on CD so that I could continue "reading" during my commuting time. A big thank you to the Salt Lake County Library Services and all the terrific librarians and staff people who provide me with wonderful experiences with books!

There are lots of ways to love your library. Go ahead and show your library some love!

4 comments:

  1. I miss SLCLS. Many of my best reads came from their competition. I just read Life on the refrigerator door. Worth a look. So quick. Thanks for the remindar of what great service is provided by my library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the Salt Lake County Libraries are awesome!! They have always had everything I've ever wanted, the librarians are amazing and friendly. We love our library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the list of things to do to show our library how much we appreciate them.

    I love the SLC Library's looks and the mobile in the foyer and the annual Book Fair that I usually attend. I wish I lived closer so I qualified for a library card and could go on a regular basis.

    I do love my little local library. The staff are always so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know this! Too cool. We have an awesome library system up here. I'd be so lost without it.

    ReplyDelete