Saturday, December 08, 2007

How Can I Not?!

Dewey of the hidden side of the leaf - who was the terrific host of the 24-Hour Readathon in October - is hosting three challenges for 2008. With my love of young adult novels, together with my "Oh, To Be Young Again" category in the 888 Challenge (which is cross-listing with the Young Adult Challenge), my participation in the Printz Award Challenge is pretty much a no-brainer!

I was not familiar with the Michael L. Printz Award for Excellence in Young Adult Literature until I saw Dewey mention it a while back. It has been in existence just since 2000, and a list of the winners and honor books can be found here.


The requirement of the challenge is simple - to read six of the Printz winners or honor books during 2008. Overlaps with other challenges are allowed, as are changes in the list. Here is my list as of today (listed alphabetically by title):


Of course, as many of the books that I read in 2008 as possible will be cross-listed with the 888 Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I just can't resist this one either. Haven't officially joined yet, but I know it's just a matter of time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, great! We'll be reading several of the same books. That'll be fun, comparing what we thought of them. Thanks for joining, and I hope Debi does, soon, too. :)

    ReplyDelete