Exploring the setting of The Historian.
Those of you who have already read this book know that it takes place in many locations, and that as the story within the story unfolds, even more settings are being introduced. At the point I currently am in the book, the narrator and her father are enjoying a spring vacation in the Cévennes. According to Wikipedia, here are five interesting facts about this location:
- The Cévennes are a range of mountains in south-central France.
- The word Cévennes comes from the Gaulish Cebenna, which was Latinized by Julius Caesar to Cevenna.
- The region hosts a national park, the Parc National des Cévennes, created in 1970.
- The average population density is 14/km².
- Robert Louis Stevenson wrote Travels with a Donkey in the Cévennes in 1879.