Saturday, October 20, 2007

Elapsed Time 09:00








Progress report ...

Time Read: 6:15 (give or take a few minutes for interruptions from kids and time spent preparing food)

Pages Read: 284

Time Blogged: 2:45

Frame of Mind: I'm still working on Pretties, but I'm finding myself nodding off ocassionally. I guess this is the hazard of reading myself to sleep every night! An hour-and-a-half ago, I did enjoy a S'More prepared by my personal chef, my 8yo son Sugar Bear. I'd keep eating to stay awake, but I don't want this to be a weight-gaining exercise. I think I'm going to walk around while reading for a while (despite the warning against such a thing in the book The Thirteenth Tale). :o)

9 comments:

  1. Wow! 284 pages in just under 3 hours! How do you do that? I wish I could read that fast.

    Nice of Sugar Bear to watch out for you and keep you pumped with energy-giving sweeties.

    Keep up the good reading speed. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a sweet son. We're eating wy too much, too. I think next hour's mini-challenge may help with your concentration, if you give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I wish I could read that quickly too. I think I'm managing about a third of that. I'm dropping off a bit here, since it's late and tempted to take a little nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having the same problem...I feel like I should have added a section for weight gained each hour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by to do some unofficial cheerleading. Looks like you're doing a fantastic job!

    I've wanted to read the Uglies series for a while now - glad to see you're enjoying it. I'll have to get ahold of it sometime!

    Keep up the great reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great progress! I haven't read as much as I thought I would have but it's just so fun to stop in and catch up on what the other readers are posting :)
    Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done your doing really well and you read so fast!
    S'mores - so yummy but so bad (they should be in the vice book)
    Keep going

    ReplyDelete