Friday, August 31, 2007

So Many Books, So Little Time by Sara Nelson

Subtitled A Year of Passionate Reading.
Published in 2003. 242 pages.

(This "Search Inside" image from the Amazon site
was the only decent image of the book that I could find.)

When I first heard that there was a book entitled So Many Books, So Little Time, I knew that it would only be a matter of time until I read it. (Especially since my blog has the same name!) Because both Vasilly and a.book.in.the.life picked So Many Books as "Something About Me", my participation in that challenge was the perfect excuse to read the book. I suspect that most book bloggers could say that this book title relates to them! I certainly can!

Vasilly said that author Sara Nelson "is one of my heroes." She appreciated what Nelson wrote about how books fit into her life and the joy that reading brings. a.book.in.the.life similarly liked this book because "I love books and reading, and I love books about books and reading." (Challenge participant Sally also read this book and reviewed it here.)

I also enjoyed this book, but I think I appreciated the concept - in which the author was going to read one book a week for a year and write about that experience - more than the actual implementation.

I read the book just a little at a time - it's easy to read in snippets - and I ended up with a number of possible additions to my own to-be-read list. I didn't ever feel personally engaged with Nelson, though, and a couple of times I found myself thinking that many of the book bloggers I know could have written this book at least as well, if not better. Still, it's a worthwhile read, especially for those of us who can relate to the idea of "passionate reading"!

2007.52

No comments:

Post a Comment