Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Sky is Everywhere
by Jandy Nelson

Published in 2010.
Audiobook performed by Julie Whelan.

Just as much a celebration of love as it is a portrait of loss, Lennie's struggle to sort her own melody out of the noise around her is always honest, often hilarious, and ultimately unforgettable.

YA author Gayle Forman picked The Sky is Everywhere as one of her five "The Year's Best Teen Reads" for NPR last December. I'm glad I finally found time to "read" (via audiobook) this lyrical, tender story of grief and loss. I loved that Lennie is a bookworm and a clarinetist (just like my older daughter), and I especially loved that the audiobook included clarinet music. I also think that the cover is fabulous!

Melissa at One Librarian's Book Reviews thought The Sky is Everywhere was "absolutely beautifully written" but that the love story aspect of the plot fell flat. Suey at It's All About Books raves, "How could I not love this book?"

2011.48

No comments:

Post a Comment