Saturday, October 22, 2011

Introduction Meme


The traditional first activity of the read-a-thon is an introduction meme. Here goes:

Where are you reading from today?
The suburbs of Salt Lake City, Utah.

Three facts about me:
  • I learned to read with Dick and Jane when I was six years old, and I've not stopped since!

  • My reading goal for 2011 is 104 books (an average of two each week) - and I'm nearly on pace to achieve that goal.

  • I'm addicted to social media, and you can find me on Facebook, goodreads, and Twitter.
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
I've got eighteen books picked out for the read-a-thon. If I finish those - just kidding! - or need something else to keep my attention, I've got plenty of others in the house. There is no chance I'll run out of reading material!

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (e.g., number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
My goals are to actively participate in at least twelve hours of the read-a-thon (while still fulfilling some other commitments of the day and not totally exhausting myself) and to raise some money for the Perpetual Education Fund (by donating 50 cents for every comment I receive on a read-a-thon post, up to a total of $100).

Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
I recommend that everyone just do what seems fun and enjoy! No stressing allowed!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck!! Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Yes! No stressing allowed. Hope you're having a gorgeous day out there, Alison! I visited last weekend and it was delicious. ;)

    Give me an R
    Give me an E
    Give me an A
    Give me a D

    Happy readathoning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great way to start the read-a-thon. Way to get going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Reading! I learned with Dick and Jane took and found some really old copies to use when I was teaching my own children to read. They are classics for sure.
    *smiles* and have a blast today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here to cheer! Sounds like a great start to the read-a-thon! Yay for Dick and Jane and I'm so impressed with being on track for 104 books in 2011!
    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete