Saturday, April 09, 2011

Introduction Meme


The first activity of the read-a-thon is a little introduction meme. Here goes:

Where are you reading from today?
Right now I'm on the love seat in my family room, wrapped in a favorite blanket, with my feet up on the ottoman. Later I'll be venturing out of the house, as I fulfill some other commitments for the day and also try to get a few tasks accomplished - while still getting in as much reading as possible.

Three facts about me:
  • Although I love words, in my professional life I work with numbers.

  • The "big four" for me are Diet Coke with Lime, libraries, chocolate, and sleep.

  • I'm addicted to social media, and you can find me on Facebook, goodreads, and Twitter.
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
I don't have any organized pile this time, but I've got about 30 library books and at least a dozen other titles right at hand. There is no chance I'll run out of reading material!

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (e.g., number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
Because I wasn't able to clear my schedule today, and because I've just finished a busy week and need to catch up on some sleep, my goal is to actively participate in at least twelve hours of the read-a-thon. I'd also like to finish at least three books.

Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
This is my eighth read-a-thon, and I recommend that everyone just do what seems like fun and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals, and have a fun read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I've read a book with the title of your blog! :) "So Many Books, So Little Time" by Sara Wilson. :) Good luck to us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck, you can do this!!!! Enjoy the readathon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy readathon! Good luck with your reading goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8th RaT? Man you're a pro. :)

    And I have to say, Diet Coke (minus the lime) is high on my top five list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy reading, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete