Now that we're halfway through, we have a survey to complete:
1. What are you reading right now?
I'm on page 89 of Any Bitter Thing. It is a book I've had on my to-read for quite some time.
2. How many books have you read so far?
I have finished only one - 13 Little Blue Envelopes. In addition to my current read, I've also listened to about one-quarter of Fly on the Wall while I was playing "taxi mom" earlier.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I've got so many to choose from, it's difficult to pick just one! Maybe The Declaration or Twenty Boy Summer. I'm also looking forward to Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Fortunately, I didn't have any major commitments already on the calendar when I heard the date of the read-a-thon.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
My daughter wanted a ride to the mall mid-afternoon, so I decided to take a break at that point. After dropping her off, I went for a three-mile walk and then made a stop at the library. Besides, that I haven't had too many interruptions.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I am totally amazed by the number of people who are participating!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Things seem to be running very well!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I think things have gone quite well for me so far. I spent some time creating book piles and preparing blog templates prior to today, and I think that was helpful.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
I'm not really tired yet. But I haven't been solely concentrating on the read-a-thon either, so I guess we'll see what the next few hours bring.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
In my experience, graphic novels can be good picks for the wee hours of the night.
Save on Phone Plans: 25%
3 hours ago