Friday, November 13, 2009

Salt Lake County Library's Reader's Choice

Twice a year the staff of the Salt Lake County Library display their current book favorites for patrons to read and enjoy. Library patrons rate the "Reader's Choice" nominees they read, and the votes determine a winner.


The Shape of Mercy
was the Salt Lake County Library's Reader's Choice winner for July-October 2009 - both county-wide and at my branch. County-wide, the second place pick was a tie between Casting Spells and The School of Essential Ingredients, and the third place was The Lover's Knot. At my branch, the second place pick was The Help, and the third place was The School of Essential Ingredients.

The only one of these "Reader's Choice" picks that I've already read is The School of Essential Ingredients, and I reviewed it here. Have you read any of them?

All the winners going back to 1991 are here. Among the winners that I've read and enjoyed are these:

1 comment:

  1. I didn't do well at all this time around... I think I only read 8. Of the top picks, I read Casting Spells, but that's it! *Hanging head in shame*

    AND I had TWO that I read in time, but didn't get the slips turned in before the 31st! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete