Saturday, October 24, 2009

Read-a-Thon Mid-Event Survey



Now that we're halfway through, we have a survey to complete:

1. What are you reading right now?


I'm on page 76 of Catching Fire, the sequel to The Hunger Games. When Catching Fire was released last month, I thought maybe I'd wait to read it until closer to the release of the third book in the trilogy because I've heard it ends with a big cliff-hanger. In preparation for the read-a-thon, however, I decided that Catching Fire would be a perfect choice for today. (It is!)

2. How many books have you read so far?

I have only finished one - the YA novel The Treasure Map of Boys by E. Lockhart.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Some quick and easy reads for the second half - as I get more and more sleepy - are the latest in the Fashion Kitty graphic novel series and the two of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series that I haven't yet read.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Fortunately, I didn't have any major commitments already on the calendar when I found out about the read-a-thon. It's been hard to stay completely focused on the read-a-thon today, though. I did end up spending about two hours on some family matters this morning.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Both of my kids are working on school projects today, so they've needed me to answer questions and give suggestions on and off all afternoon. As the night continues, though, things will be more quiet. (Maybe too quiet.)

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?


It really has flown by - at least this first half.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?


This is my fifth time participating in the read-a-thon, and I've enjoyed it every time!

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

If it were possible - but it's probably not - I'd try to arrange to have my family out of the house for a good part of the day.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

I was very sleepy at the start of Hour 11. I decided to not fight it, so I napped for an hour and I'm doing much better now.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

I decided to again focus mostly on YA books, and I think that's a good approach.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like a lot of people are focusing on YAs. A very good strategy....

    ReplyDelete