Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Quickie
by James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge

Published in 2007. 357 pages.


I am a fan of James Patterson. His Alex Cross series is a favorite, and I've enjoyed what I've read so far of The Women's Murder Club series. I've been less enamored of some of his stand-alone books, but others have been great. (For example, the love story Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas is one of my all-time favorite reads.) Michael Ledwidge, the co-author of The Quickie, was also Patterson's co-author on Step on a Crack, a promising new series.

Although I've had The Quickie on my to-read list since last year, I hadn't been enticed to make it a priority. (After all, I do have over 1000 books on that list!) But since I needed a "Q" title for the A ~ Z Reading Challenge, I decided that now was the right time to read it.

Reading James Patterson is a lot like riding a roller coaster. With short chapters and a lot of dialoque, it's quick - but it's also a thrilling experience. Going into it, you know that you'll be manipulated, but still you want to go along for the ride. That's exactly what The Quickie was for me!

Other book bloggers' reviews of The Quickie: If you have read and reviewed this book, I would love to link your review here. Please leave me a comment or email me your link!



(By the way, this was book one for day one of my dream to read a book-a-day to the end of the year.)

2008.72

No comments:

Post a Comment