Friday, November 07, 2008

Running Behind Schedule

Since starting this blog in January 2007, my posting of reviews has pretty much kept pace with my reading. Over the past several months, however, I have been getting further and further behind. There are now nine books that I have read but have not yet posted a review. In chronological order, those books are as follows:

  • Anatomy of a Boyfriend by Daria Snadowsky

  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

  • Mermaids in the Basement by Michael Lee West

  • Janes in Love by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg

  • Bronte's Book Club by Kristiana Gregory

  • To Dance: A Ballerina's Graphic Novel
    by Siena Cherson Siegel and Mark Siegel

  • The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier

  • A Simple Plan by Scott Smith

  • The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde

I could use some help!

Have you read any of these books? Have you posted a review to which I could link? Do you know of any discussion questions or related information to which I could also link?

If you haven't read one or more of these, are there some questions you'd like me to address in a brief review?

Please let me know.

4 comments:

  1. I read The Eyre Affair before I had a blog, so I can't offer you a link, but my review of Eat, Pray, Love is here. I think a couple of book bloggers had posts about The Chocolate War during Banned Books Week, but I can't remember who they were (I read it WAY back in high school...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read The Chocolate War and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Alas, I have so far failed to write a review of it.

    And like Florinda, I read The Eyre Affair in my pre-blogging days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--it sounds like we are in the same boat! I've been pretty good about keeping up with reviews until the last 2 months, and now I am 8 reviews behind! Yikes! I also need to review Anatomy of a Boyfriend. Did you think the discussion and description of sex was appropriate for a teen audience? Would you let your daughters read it? Did the story bring back memories of any high school crushes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Questions for Eat, Pray Love:

    Which section was your favorite and why? Some reviewers found Liz to be whiny and self-absorbed, while some have found her honest and humorous--how do you feel about her?

    ReplyDelete