Friday, October 17, 2008

Violet on the Runway by Melissa Walker

Published in 2007. 220 pages.

A wallflower in the spotlight can do two things:
wilt - or blossom ...

This first in the currently three-volume Violet series was an quick, enjoyable YA read for me. I have almost no interest in fashion or modeling, but I could relate to the characters and the storyline anyway. Trying to find one's place in the world and to understand where one belongs are universal human experiences, I think, whether you are a tall, skinny Chapel Hill High School senior who wants to be one of the popular girls - like Violet - or a quiet book-blogging accountant and mother of three - like me.

While some YA novels are profound reading experiences for me, others - like this one - are simply escapist fun, exactly what I need at times. I will definitely check out Violet By Design and Violet In Private!

Other book bloggers' reviews of Violet on the Runway: If you have read and reviewed this book, I would love to link your review here. Please leave me a comment or email me your link!

2008.54

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised that I liked this one as much as I did. I thought it would be much more fashion-focused and it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete