Sunday, July 06, 2008

42 Challenge


Becky is hosting another fun challenge, one that might include some reading but that also includes other activities, primarily - to my mind, at least - some DVD viewing. The theme is science fiction, and practically anything sci-fi counts: short stories, poetry, novellas, novels, episodes of TV shows, episodes of radio shows, movies, comic books, graphic novels, audio books, essays or articles about science fiction or science fiction writers, biographies of science fiction authors.

The challenge requires participants to read/watch/listen to and review 42 sci-fi items. The challenge officially starts January 1, 2009, and runs for 42 weeks and 42 days (to December 3, 2009). Unofficially, it starts now - and I think many participants have already started. I told Becky I wanted in on Friday, and I watched my first two items last night!

I started working on DVDs of Stargate (both Atlantis and SG-1) last November. (My first post about it is here.) I'm caught up on Atlantis through Season 3 - but Season 4 is being released this coming week. I'm only in Season 2 - of a total of 10 - on SG-1.

In addition to making some major progress on my Stargate viewing, I've got several sci-fi books on my radar screen, including The Host (which I've already started), The Adoration of Jenna Fox (which I've heard such good things about), Interworld, and The Accidental Time Machine. (Yes! So many books, so little time!)

I will be keeping track of my overall progress on the challenge blog: Alison's 42. I will post reviews of the books I read on this blog and, to follow up on my previous Stargate posts, reviews of the episodes of Stargate I watch on my "regular" blog.

Cross-posted to my "regular" blog.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been much of a science fiction fan but I'm thinking I should spread my wings a bit and try some out. Sounds like a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete