Dewey has posted a survey for us to complete,
now that the read-a-thon is half over.
1. What are you reading right now?
I'm working on Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - which, as several commenters suggested, was a perfect read-a-thon pick!
2. How many books have you read so far?
Just one complete book - Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich - but I've also read 34 pages from the middle of The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson and I've got about 100 pages left to go in Thirteen Reasons Why.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Actually, I was trying to decide what I want to start when I finish Thirteen Reasons Why. I'm thinking about Dear Mr. Henshaw, the Newbery Award-winning children's book. I'm also thinking about several YA possibilities. I've got the graphic novel Electric Girl for the wee hours too.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Unfortunately, June has been an incredibly busy month for me, and I've had to pick and choose from among a number of options this entire month. Having some time for myself, and also spending some one-on-one time with Jelly Bean, took priority this weekend, though. I dealt with a lot of things yesterday, and WhiteRabbit was willing to make sure that the younger kids' transportation needs for today were met.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
With three non-read-a-thon participants living in the house, there have been plenty of interruptions! For the most part I've just read through them. A couple of times I've had to remind my kids that Mom and Jelly Bean need a bit of quiet for reading.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I am surprised that the time has passed so quickly. It's really hard for me to believe that we're half-way done!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
From this side - as a Reader - it's been absolutely terrific! A big thank you to Dewey and to her helpers!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader, if you were to do this again next year?
One thing I really wish I'd managed was to get a good week's sleep prior to the event, but things have just been too hectic at work this week.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Not really. (Although I'm doubtful it'll stay that way.)
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Hmmm. I can't think of anything right now.
Dragon Hoops Tour
4 days ago