Sunday, June 29, 2008

Elapsed Time 21:30



Progress report ...

Time Read: 11:45 (although I have to say that the last half-hour included here was pretty much the same paragraph over and over)

Pages Read: 804 (my additional pages since the last report came from reading from page 90 to page 128 in Eats, Shoots & Leaves)

Books Finished: 3

Time Blogged: 6:15

Time Slept: 3:30 (yes, i fell asleep again! once Jelly pointed out that the sun was coming up, and i could start hearing some birds singing, my body had a very hard time believing that the read-a-thon wasn't done.)

Frame of Mind: I was woken up by my 12yo daughter Sugar Plum, who was getting ready to have her shower in preparation to attend church. She reported that Jelly Bean is asleep in the living room - although I can see from Jelly's blog that she finished The Host before succumbing to the power of dreamland. (Woohoo, Jelly!) With two-and-a-half hours left to go, I'm going to try to get in a little more reading and blogging between showering and dressing for church. If I didn't have to teach Sunday School to 14-year-olds just as the read-a-thon is scheduled to end, I think I would have forced myself to stay a little more awake, but now that I've actually had about three-and-a-half hours sleep, I'm sure I'll be better able to deal with the class. I really would like to get a book cover collage posted, as well as the Post-Event Survey.

2 comments:

  1. You have the cutest nicknames for your daughters. :) Last time, the read-a-thon ended at 7 AM my time, so my body's a bit confused too, lol.

    ReplyDelete