I'm not nearly as prepared - either mentally or physically - as I was for last October's event. But as the day passes, I am getting more and more excited! My 17yo daughter Jelly Bean would like to join in the fun too - if she can convince her dad to let her.
Among the Things I've Been Dealing with Today
(so I'll be able to dedicate the time tomorrow to the read-a-thon):
- Emails about work (but at least I'm not in the office!)
- A giant pile of laundry
- Grocery shopping
- Bills and bank deposit
- Preparation of templates for posts
- The Devil in the White City (One of this month's in-progress reads.)
- Eat, Pray, Love (Another of this month's in-progress reads.)
- Fearless Fourteen (The latest Stephanie Plum novel.)
- Thirteen Reasons Why
- Dear Mr. Henshaw (Last time I concluded that some YA or children's books would be good read-a-thon picks, so I've got several ready.)
- Eats, Shoots, Leaves (With the probably mistaken idea that I really am going to finish the Book Awards Reading Challenge by June 30.)
- Tomato Sandwiches
- Vanilla Yogurt with Raspberries and Pecans
- Lucky Charms
- Shrimp Cocktail Dip with Wheat Crackers
- Ginger Cookies
- Tortilla Chips with Refried Beans and Cheese
- Diet Coke with Lime
- Raspberry Tea
- S'Mores (prepared by my own private chef, Sugar Bear)
- My Laptop
- A Pillow and Blanket
- A Watch
(in addition to my read-a-thon updates):
- Review of Dark Assassin
- Update of Challenges YTD
- New Posts for My Series Blog
- Pick a variety of shortish books.
- Start with something short and easy to get a sense of accomplishment early on.
- Choose some light things for the end when I'm tired and sick of reading.
- Give myself permission to put a book aside if it’s not holding my attention.
- Just in general don’t be a masochist. This is supposed to be fun!
Besides just having a lot of fun reading and book blogging, this read-a-thon has an official beneficiary: RIF (Reading Is Fundamental). I will be making a donation to the organization here - and I encourage you to do the same.
For more information about the 24-Hour Read-a-Thon, click here.