Friday, January 11, 2008

Chunky Isn't Always Bad


Think Pink Dana saw a void in the reading challenge world so she's filling it with the Chunkster Challenge 2008. Running from January 7 through December 20, the challenge requires at least four books of at least 450 pages in length. (By the way, I've shamelessly borrowed Dana's post title for my own post. I find her sense of humor delightful!)

Here are my four selections:

  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (560 pages)

  • Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (reportedly about 600 pages, although it's also reportedly not yet completed - so I may have to make a substitution, as I will if its release comes too late)

  • The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (1276 pages)

  • Possession by B. S. Byatt (576 pages)

Three of these four are already on other challenge lists, and The Count of Monte Cristo is a book that one my reading friends has been encouraging me to read for a while - mostly recently again last night! - so I might as well give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. i'm adding an alternate: American Gods by Neil Gaiman (480 pages).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ending up reading The Other Boleyn Girl (664 pages) for this challenge too.

    ReplyDelete